There are hundreds of organizations worldwide making a difference in the lives of orphans. Project James 1:27 is committed to highlighting some of these organizations. Please note, we are not endorsing one specific organization or agency. We are simply sharing our passion for orphan care by letting others know that these organizations exist.
China has had many organizations start by God calling adoptive families to band together to help children in plight. These groups have grown and impacted the face of orphans in China in huge ways. In ways only God could have orchestrated in that country. Below are some agencies God is calling to big things.
Love Without Boundaries--works with orphaned and imporverished children in China.
- Education--Believe In Me Schools, Mama's Wish, and additional programs
- Foster Care
- Healing Homes--Cleft Healing Homes, Heartbridge Pediatric Healing Unit
- Orphanage Assistance
- Sponsor a Child
- Donate to a special project, nutrition program, or orphanage
- Shop LWB Store
- Shop Our eBay Store
- Shop Our Supporters
- Shop AMAZON.com
Half the Sky Foundation--caring for China's orphaned children
- Baby Sisters: Infant Nurture Program-trains local women to become full-time nannies to nurture at this critical stage.
- Little Sisters: Preschool Program--trains local teachers in Half the Sky’s curriculum The curriculum is designed to teach children self-confidence, basic skills and love of learning to build upon later.
- Big Sisters Program: gives older children individualized learning opportunities, according to their own interests and talents.
- The Family Village Program: Children, whose medical and developmental challenges that won't allow them to take part in an adoption program, have the opportunity to grow up in permanent loving families.
- The China Care Program: provides medical treatment and nurturing after-care for medically fragile orphaned infants.
How can you help?
- A one-time donation
- Sponsor a child or project
- Check out their site to buy a card, or give a gift
- Volunteer your time
Morning Star Foundation--works with children with severe medical needs, most of who require major surgery. The Foundation works with physicians and medical teams worldwide to provide the best care for the orphans.
The Starfish Foster Home--works with Chinese orphans who have special health needs that are the most at-risk in its partner orphanages.
There are many noteworthy organizations working tirelessly for these children. Those above are just a few. PLEASE consider taking the time to go to each website and pray over the volunteers, administration, and children invloved in each program. There are people both stateside and in China working hard together to benefit these children. They are being faithful to God's call.
Could you be a part of their story? Take a minute to explore the different ways you can help! Know of other organizations? Leave us a comment so we can spread the word!