Project James 1:27

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

3:57 PM

Books, Books & More Books

Posted by Project James 1:27

Today we decided to put on our sidebars some of our favorite books. We have read many, many books about adoption, orphan care and starting a orphan ministry. We wanted to share some of our favorites with you.

Since I am writing this post I will tell you my favorite book. My very favorite book is Fields of the Fatherless by Tom Davis. To be honest I am not what you would call a "reader" but this is a little book filled with lots of very good God stuff. This is NOT just a book on adoption, this is a book about being the hands and feet of Christ.

I will also say that Red Letters and Scared by Tom Davis are my other favorites. These are books that I could not put down. Can you tell I like Tom Davis books? These are very, very powerful books!!!

Have you read any of these? What is your favorite?

2 comments:

Tony and Rett said...

I have read many of them as well, and I loved Scared and Saving Levi. Both powerful books that make you cry and reflect on your relationship with God and all that He calls you to be and do.

And did you know that toddlers and preschoolers are often considered special needs because they aren't infants? So sad! We adopted our daughters when they were 22 months, and it was WONDERFUL! We read Toddler Adoption to be prepared though. Honestly, we'd love to adopt another toddler!

A GAL NEEDS... said...

I am very excited to read your blog and be a follower! Thanks for taking the time to check out my giveaway as well!

Post a Comment